- The average age of a woman who obtains an abortion is 18-26.
- One third of women who obtain an abortion are married.
- 59% of women obtaining abortions have at least one child.
- 62% of women obtaining abortions claim a religious a liation. 24% said they were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identi ed with a different religion.
- 45% of women obtaining abortions have already had at least one previous abortion.
- 90% of those women who get an abortion say they did it to please someone else (husband, boyfriend, parents, friends, counselors, etc.).
- Abortion is the most frequently performed surgery in America.
- The U.S. abortion rate is among the highest of developed countries. Nearly 1 in 4 pregnancies in the U.S. end in abortion.
- Only seven states prohibit abortions for reason of sex selection, and only one state prohibits abortions for reasons of race.
(Sources: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and e Guttmacher Institute)
What pro-life fact surprises you the most?